2017 was full of funny political quotes. If you like those you can click here for more. From Hilarious Clinton to Donald the Trump, we’ve had our share of laughs. But how those two, or Bernie Sanders, Ronald Raegan or George W. Bush fare with the most famous funny politicians in history? Can they even call it a competition? Because they do face some serious competition. The federal parliament in Australia can also be ultimately funny. Paul Keating said some of the funniest observations of anyone’s political opponents ever. Check that guy out.
You could probably write ten books on quotes by Winston Churchill, Oscar Wilde, Harry S. Truman, and probably there are more than dozen of books on the topic. So, what are the best ones? The most famous ones? It surely isn’t an easy task to do, but I presume everyone has to have their favorites. I have mine, and I would like to see if you agree with me or not. If you do, let me know in the comment section which ones you like the most.
If you disagree and think that there are better, funnier, more famous political quotes out there, be sure to share. I can seem to get enough of famous political sayings. I’ve read a dozen of funny political quotes articles before I wrote this post, just to make sure that this is really my best choice.
So, without further ado, here is my choice of the most famous political quotes, the funny ones:
1. The question is why are politicians so eager to be president? What is it about the job that makes it worth revealing on national television that you have the ethical standards of a slime-coated piece of industrial waste? – Dave Barry
2. I remember when I first came to Washington. For the first six months you wonder how the hell you ever got here. For the next six months you wonder how the hell the rest of them ever got here. – Harry S. Truman
3. The major parties could conduct live human sacrifices on their podiums during prime time and I doubt that anybody would notice. – Dave Barry
4. It is important that the United States remain a two-party system. I'm a fellow who likes small parties and the Republican Party can't be too small to suit me. – Lyndon B. Johnson
It can’t hurt to throw in some really funny ones:
5. Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. – Groucho Marx
6. Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half. – Gore Vidal
Groucho Marx never fails. I could listen to him for days.
7. If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents he would promise them missionaries for dinner. – H. L. Mencken
8. The only people who say worse things about politicians that reporters do are other politicians. – Andy Rooney
And I leave the best one for the end:
9. Any man who wants to be president is either an egomaniac or crazy. – Dwight E. Eisenhower
That was it! Let me know what you think in the comments section. If you’d like to read more, check out this page: https://funnypoliticalquotes.wixsite.com/mysite